Monday, March 9, 2015

Something to Hold on to


Love is a word so over used. Love her, love him, love that. And we all think we know what love is. These feelings that run through us, the butterflies, the highs a face or a touch or a kiss can give us. I thought I knew what love was. Then I met you. All I thought I knew about that word went out the window. Yea you gave me all those feelings, but they weren't fleeting. They stayed. And you weren't even trying. They became a part of me. The word love wouldn't suffice anymore. You taught me to change that word into life and eternity and forever and my heart is full. You showed me unselfishness. To give everything to another. To have a feeling so deeply that nothing not even time and distance could erase it. Making love became a part of the deal. The word sacrifice disappeared because these feelings for you overpowered any hint of loss. To place that beautiful smile on your face, no thing was too much, too far, too difficult. You are a
part of me somehow,  like my eyes or my lungs or my soul. I couldn't imagine you not being in my life. Many people say I give you my heart, I give you all my love, no one will love you as much as I will. I can't do that. Those are phrases with empty meaning. A man might as well promise you the Sun, the Moon and the Stars. I give you every second you want to spend with me. I give you the highest position in my life. I give you all that you want from me. I give you everything I am and will be. And that, that is something tangible you can hold on to.

No comments: