Thursday, December 2, 2010

On the Canvas of the Spaniard

The days melted atop one another.
Like paintings from the Spaniard.
I stared intently, all that time,
As my life swirled down the drain.
So many miles away, I heard
The car door slam as he
Drove my girl away.
They laughed and they sang and they drank.
The sweat danced on her breasts,
As he finished.
She smiled sweetly as she thought of someone she used to know.
She used to love. She used his love.
I kissed the winds that
brought her to me.
I bathed in the rains
That washed her away.
I hid behind a dark spot
On the canvas of the Spaniard.
He melted everything.

2 comments:

CiCi said...

You have a good style in your writing. I enjoyed reading this post. I like your portraying your strong feelings for someone who was now far away, but you could hear them.

Sal Cordova said...

Thanks TechnoBabe! It's always good to hear positive comments on personal writing.