Tuesday, March 10, 2015

A Good Time had by All


They all loved me and I loved them too.
I know because we said and wrote and screamed
Those filthy words to each other.
Them with their inviting smiles and my mother’s eyes
And proud breasts and needy lips and bashful navels
And eager wet spots and friendly thighs and boring lives
And, oh yes, their husbands.
Can’t forget them, they did not.
Each of them just like a new world
Wanting to be explored.
And me with my secret and my anger and inadequate
Emotional intellect and my smile and hungry heart and
Youth and rigid compass and my shame and my eagerness
And soft hands and homeless soul.
We’d find each other from time to time.
They’d ask to dance so we’d find a cozy little place.
Rub our hips together and sway with the beat.
They’d ask for a good time and I’d order
Some up and we’d drink and laugh and sometimes cry.
They’d ask for tomorrow and I’d give them tomorrow.
They’d ask to make love in the rain and I’d
Place their ankles on my shoulders and fuck them
On the hood of their husband’s car.
They’d ask for a kiss and I’d turn away.
They’d ask about my secret and I’d lie.
They’d run to me and I’d push away.
The minutes of passion flowed from one to another.

The seconds of tenderness never gave fruit.
I’d ask them to forget their husbands.
They smiled so reassuringly and walked
Away without making a sound.
My secret stayed with me and my anger
Grew and my heart learned to listen for the
Sound of snakes slithering around me.

May 21, 2006 Copyright Salvador Cordova

No comments: