Thursday, February 26, 2015

Corner coffee shop



And to think years ago you didn't even know I existed. I would ride my bicycle every morning by the window of the corner coffee shop just to watch you take one maybe two sips of the Italian blend coffee you now make me drive 20 minutes out of my way twice a week to buy for you. I watched him hold my dream. I watched him ignore you, then lose you. The progression from sitting closely like lovers to sitting across the table like marriage to eventually a large booth like business with only the cold of regret and loneliness between the both of you.The morning he wasn't there I stopped what I thought was right in front of you and watched you sip an entire cup of coffee. Alone. What a novice, a loser I was then. You didn't even know I existed. Still, as I watched your lips moisten with the heat of the coffee then, I knew you were my sole existence.


copyright 2015 Salvador Cordova

No comments: